Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spring Plans

I am so anxious for spring.  We haven't had a bad winter at all, but I am impatient for April.  On the 15th of that month we will be able to open our RV at the camp on the river.  Russ bought the trailer last spring, very cheaply, and we pay a nominal fee to keep it in its permanent site at the campground. I've always wanted something like this: a nickle-budget summer place.  Not as fancy as a cabin in the woods or a cottage on a lake maybe, but I dare say an RV at the river is nothing to snicker at!  Of course it's an older trailer and not outfitted with the newest, gleaming hardware, but the kitchen is actually nicer than mine at home, if tiny.  Let me find some pics that I took when we got it.


The stove, with fridge on its left.
 Believe it or not, my kitchen at home isn't much bigger.  I have a tiny bit more counter space and a free standing cabinet with an enamelled top that I use all the time (if it's not piled with cooking items and such).  The sink has a little formica covered cutting board that sits over one side when extra flat space is needed.  There are cabinets that run above the top of the windows along the two sides and end of the kitchen.

The bench-seat table, which can turn into an extra bed.
The sink and not much counter top!




Last spring and summer I was only able to go to the RV once.  We still had the old beagle Sally, who couldn't go with us for an overnight, so Frankie took care of her on the one night I got to go.  Russ and I took Carmen with us however, since she's young and sassy and able to handle camp life!  Since we lost Sally in November, I will be able to spend as much time up at the river as I possibly can.  I plan to work on my nonfiction story as well as do some crochet and even some fishing!  Yes, I have gotten myself a new rod and reel.  My daughter's desire to learn to fish helped me decide to take it back up myself and I hope to be able to fish at the river.

In just about six weeks I will be able to write about the RV neighborhood, which will be an entry in itself I'm sure.  But until then I will be busy gathering some things for our mini-move and planning how to use my time there.

1 comment:

  1. It is going to be so much fun this year!!!

    ReplyDelete