Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Blanket?

I'm not one to make resolutions, but the start of a new year does somehow lead me to making lists and taking stock in a way. This year I've decided to spend lots more time crafting and using up some of the supplies I have around the house. 

I love to crochet, though sometimes months go by without picking up a hook and through the years I've gathered quite a bit of yarn leftovers and skeins never used.  None of it is really expensive yarn because the blatant truth is that I am a die-hard acrylic fan.  Last year I started a scrap ripple afghan through a group on ravelry, but didn't get too far.  On Christmas day, however, I picked it back up and have put about 17 more rows on it.  Just recently on ravelry I've joined two crochet block-a-month groups, also to use up the leftover yarn.  Hopefully by the end of 2012 I'll have at least one of these blankets finished and best case scenario will be that I have three! 

One band of color at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment